Saturday, August 16, 2014

Caudalie Vinosourse S.O.S Morning Eye Rescue



Currently I have been revising my skincare routine.  I used to just cleanse and moisturize and then use an eye serum at night.  From watching and reading about other bloggers' routines it made me want to try new items and add more steps to my skincare routine.  I initially thought that all of the extra steps were unnecessary, but I was still curious to see what it was all about.  I first picked up Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S. Thirst Quenching Serum, and wow did it make a difference.  Needless to say I was totally sold on a skincare routine that is a little more elaborate.  Slowly but surely I am revamping my entire skincare routine. 


The first new product I picked up for my morning routine is the Caudalie S.O.S. Morning Rescue Eye Cream.  I came across this product from watching a morning routine video by essiebutton.  This cream contains grape water to moisturize, white tea extract to soothe, and antioxidant polyphenols to de-puff.  I was interested in this product for its moisturizing and de-puffing properties, as I do tend to wake up with puffy eyes.  I also liked it because it was not a super powerful anti-aging eye product.  Since I am in my 20's I do not feel like I need that at this point in time.  The packaging is not anything special, it is clean and simple.  It is a matte white squeeze tube with a burgundy cap, and it is slightly larger than a tube of lip gloss.


After using this  product for several weeks I really enjoy it as an added step to my morning routine.  The texture of the product is a light cream gel.  I squeeze a very small amount onto my finger and smooth it around my entire eye area including my lid which gets puffy overnight.  It sinks into my skin very quickly, which is important as I have to wake up at 5am to get to work, so time is of the essence in the morning.  The product is fragrance free, which is great for my sensitive skin and the delicate skin around the eyes.  It has a really nice cooling sensation when applied, not anything overly tingly just really refreshing.  It moisturizes well but is not overly heavy, and I do notice that it leaves my eyes less puffy after a few minutes.  The one thing this eye cream does not do that some may want their eye cream to do is it does not combat dark circles.  I generally use an under eye concealer when I apply my makeup, so this does not particularly bother me.  

Overall this product lives up to its claims, and I am really happy using it in the mornings.  I especially love the subtle cooling sensation it gives,  Its just what you want in the mornings!  I hope you enjoyed this post.  What eye creams you like to use in the morning?

Till next time,
Stephanie 

No comments:

Post a Comment