Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Make Up Forever HD Microfinish Powder

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12746295/?claim=tr9zdg79t2k">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>


I have been curious about trying Make Up Forever's HD Microfinish Powder for a long time, so I was really excited to see it being offered as a 100 point perk at Sephora.  The powder is translucent and made of 100 percent mineral silica, and it is REALLY finely milled.  The full size product has a mesh screen to prevent too much powder from coming out, but my mini had a plastic divider with holes that got clogged and didn't let any product out, so I removed it.  I just have to dip my powder brush directly into the product.  I end up getting a lot of powder on my brush even after tapping the brush to get the excess powder off, and I was worried my face would look obviously over powdered.  Fortunately I was left with a natural, not overly matte finish and was pleasantly surprised with how goof-proof application was.



Some translucent powders tend to leave a white cast on the skin.  I have fair skin and this powder does not alter the color of my foundation at all, but I can't comment on how it would work for those with darker skin tones.  If you have darker skin I would suggest getting a sample first to make sure it doesn't leave you looking chalky.  The finish is exactly what I want in a powder.  It has the most subtle light reflecting properties that are just enough to keep the mattifying effect of the powder from looking unnatural, and just enough to blur those pesky under the skin blemishes so they are significantly less noticeable.  


Aside from looking beautiful on the skin I want my powder to set my make up, as well as help control shine.  This powder is awesome at both of these things.  It sets my make up so that it doesn't budge.  With the powder I had previously been using I would get makeup transferring onto my clothes or hands whenever I touched my face.  Now when I brush up against my face nothing comes off.  I have combination skin so I always apply powder only to my t-zone because it tends to be oily and my cheeks tend to be dry.  This powder staves of shine during the day better than other powders.  Since I began using this powder I have noticed that I make it much farther through the day before needing to blot and re-powder.  I love this powder!  It does absolutely everything I want a powder to do.  I am curious about the Too Faced Primed and Poreless Powder, but so far the Make Up Forever HD Microfinish Powder is the best I have tried.  What are your favorite powders?

Till next time,
Stephanie

2 comments:

  1. Silly question... do you apply this under our over your foundation?

    ReplyDelete