Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Maybelline Color Tattoo Leather


Maybelline recently released a line of their color tattoo cream eyeshadows in a new leather finish.  I have two of the original color tattoo eyeshadows in Bad to the Bronze, and inked in pink.  I like both of them and I found the idea of a less shimmery cream shadow to be quite appealing.  I picked up the two brown shades, Creamy Beige and Chocolate Suede from CVS for $6.99 each.  The formula is described as being a cream gel, but I don't really find anything gel-like about it, it is a pretty standard cream shadow formula.  I do find the leather formula to be creamier and smoother than the original color tattoo shadows which I found to be a bit dry.  Compared to Mac Paint Pots the leather formula is still a bit drier.






As you can see the leather shadows have far less shimmer to them than the originals, however they are not matte.  They have enough shimmer to give them a bit of sheen or as the name describes, a leather like finish.  I tend to mostly wear pretty neutral browns on my eyes so both of the colors are great additions to my eyeshadow collection.  Creamy Beige is a taupe brown with slight pink undertones and Chocolate Suede is a neutral darkened bronze.  I wanted to show how they looked on the eyes, so I put together two simple eye looks using the shadows.  Here it is, my foray into close-up eye photos.


This first look is using creamy beige.  I like to apply these shadows with my fingers.  For this I patted the shadow onto the lid with my middle finger, I did two layers.  Then with my clean ring finger I blended the shadow up into the crease a little bit.  I like that these shadows can be both built up or sheered out.  I then took a bit of shadow onto my pinky and smudged it along the lower lash line.  I applied Laura Mercier Vanilla Nuts, a matte cream to the inner corner, and smudged a bit of Rimmel London Scandeleyes in Brown into my top lash line and the outer half of the bottom lash line.  I finished up with a coat of Urban Decay Perversion Mascara, which is incredible, I can't put it down!  I really like this for a simple "no makeup, makeup" look.  As we get further into fall I am excited to pair this eye look with a with a dark lip, and I think it would also make a nice backdrop to some bolder winged liner.  


In this second look using Chocolate Suede and I applied the shadow in the same manner as the first look.  I then applied Laura Mercier Sunlit (discontinued), a light golden champagne shimmer to the inner corner and dragged it under the inner lower lash line.  I lined my upper lash line and my upper and lower water lines with Rimmel London Scandeleyes in Black, and I finished off with Urban Decay Perversion Mascara.  This look is darker and a bit smokier but still very natural.  I wore both of these shadows to work over the weekend and they both were still there at the end of the day (12 hrs), but Chocolate suede had creased and maybe could use the help of a primer underneath.  I really like both of the colors, especially Creamy Beige, and will get a lot of wear out of them!  I also think I want to try mixing Inked in Pink and Chocolate Suede together for a chocolatey pink shimmer.  I would recommend both of these, for the inexpensive price they are easy to wear colors and easy to apply.  What are your favorite cream shadows, and how do you like to wear them?

Till Next Time,
Stephanie

  


No comments:

Post a Comment