Friday, September 19, 2014

Liebster Award

I was nominated by the amazing Carol from Intrice Blog, thank you so much!
Her blog covers beauty and skincare.  She takes a great analytical approach to the products she reviews, going over all the pros and cons and concludes with if she overall recommends the product.  My favorite posts she has recently put up were on Benefits Posie Balm and Push up Liner!  You should all really go check out her blog and you can also follow her on twitter @intriceblog!
The Liebster Award is a great way for readers to find new, lesser known blogs, and a way for bloggers with under 200 readers to get more recognition.  If you are nominated all you need to do is follow these simple steps
1. Link back to the person who nominated you
2. Answer the questions you were given
3. Nominate a handful of bloggers with under 200 followers
4. Give them questions to answer

These are my answers to the questions Carol gave me

1.  Why did you decide to start your own blog?
I have really loved beauty products for a long time.  In the past few years I began reading more beauty blogs and watching beauty videos on youtube.  I found myself really enjoying recommending products to my friends and co-workers, and figured I would enjoy blogging about the products I try to give my opinion on them to the larger community and beauty obsessives like myself.


2. Who is your favorite character from a TV show/movie and why?
I had a hard time deciding, but one of my favorites would be Buster from Arrested Development.  He is just so innocent and hilarious, and he makes me laugh.  If you have not watched Arrested Development it is so funny and all of the seasons are on Netflix.  I highly recommend watching it.  You have to be patient with the series, stick with it through the first few episodes and you will be rewarded with many laughs!

3. What are your favorite things to wear in the Fall season?
BOOTS!!!!!  I feel like if you add a killer pair of boots to any regular old outfit, it all of a sudden becomes stylish.  My favorites are from the Frye company.  They are a bit of an investment but they are QUALITY!  I have these tall boots and these ankle boots.

4. What is your guilty pleasure when it comes to food and why?
Dessert in general, and mac and cheese.  They are just delicious I especially love chocolate desserts (I am looking at you brownies), and mac and cheese is just cheesy, melty, creamy, carby deliciousness!

6. What is your dream job?
My dream job would be a video travel journalist  and basically be a mix between Samantha Brown and Anthony Bourdain.  I would cover all of the luxury and spa things that Samantha Brown does, and I would cover all of the amazing food and culture that Anthony Bourdain does.  I would be Samanthony Bourdown!

7. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Hmmmmmmmm loud chewing... CLOSE YOUR MOUTH WHEN YOU'RE EATING!

8. Favorite beauty/fashion item you can't live without?
Chapstick/ Lip Balm.  My lips are chronically dry and working in the dry environment of the hospital makes it even worse.  My favorites are Burts Bee's, Nuxe Reve de Miel, and CV+ Skin Labs Skin Balm when I mean business.  

9. If you could name your own country, what would you call it?
Oh Gosh, Stephanopolis. 

10. What is your morning ritual?
If I am working I get up 5am and wash my face, brush my teeth, get dressed, do my makeup, make tea, grab a granola bar and head off to work.  When I am off I will wake up naturally, wash my face, brush my teeth, walk my dog, make breakfast and a cup of tea, snuggle with my dog while I eat my breakfast, drink my tea and read blogs or watch youtube videos.  

11. What advice would you give to your future self in 5 years?
I would say to be kind, work hard toward your goals, and live deliberately.  


My Nominees Are
1.  Sarah from Tuesday was Perfect.  Sarah is from England and is in her 20's.  Her blog focuses on beauty and fashion and her latest post was a lush haul!...enough said
2.  Lauren from Totally Lola.  Lauren is a lifestyle blogger with a focus on fashion and beauty.  You have to check out her latest post on her 5 Autumn Essentials, she has some great picks!
3.  Sarah from Sarah Marie Makeup.  Sarah's posts include product reviews and makeup looks.  I really loved her post titled The ultimate pamper, it totally inspired me to throw on a face mask, do my nails, and drink a cup of tea.
4.  Gillian from Pretty Trippy.  Her blog focuses on beauty and travel (my two favorite things).  My favorite posts of hers as of late are High-End Regrets, and Four or More.  

My Questions Are
1.  Why did you start your own blog?
2.  What do you enjoy most about blogging?
3.  What is your favorite skincare item and why?
4.  What is your favorite makeup item and why?
5.  What is your favorite bath and body item and why?
6.  Who is your favorite blogger or youtuber?
7.  What do you do aside from blogging, career and hobbies?
8.  Where would you like to travel if you could go anywhere and why?
9.  What is the best thing you ever ate?
10.  Would you rather have a big bushy mustache or a full santa clause length beard for the rest of your life?
11.  You can fix one of the worlds problems with the snap of your fingers, what would it be?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nomination dear! I love your goal of "living deliberately" - something to always keep in mind for sure. So thoughtful. Also, mac and cheese is one of my faves too. GAH SO GOOD. That and mashed potatoes - YUM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah mashed potatoes were a close runner up! Even better, mashed potato season is getting closer by the day! I can't wait to read your answers to the questions!

      Delete