Monday, September 8, 2014

My Butter London Nail Polish Picks for Fall


Butter London is a British nail polish brand that makes beautiful unique nail polish colors all without formaldehyde, toluene, and DBP.  Additionally to not having those nasty chemicals in the formula the polishes are a nice consistency, not to thick or thin, and they have good staying power on the nails.  I absolutely love the packaging it comes in.  They come in a rectangle glass bottle with a heavy bottom, and a glossy black top that pops off to reveal a more ergonomic brush handle that is topped with an image of a crown wearing raven.  The brush is on the thinner side which is really the only thing I don't like about these polishes.  I find that with the first coat I apply the brush doesn't spread out nicely on the nail and it tends to apply a bit streaky, however the brush does spread out more when applying the second coat and evens things out.  As with a lot of nail polish companies they come up with delightful names for their colors and Butter London has a wide range of shades and finishes.  Each polish is $15.00 and my fall picks from their line are Yummy Mummy, Lady Muck, British Racing Green, Big Smoke, and Branwen's Feather.  


Yummy Mummy is a medium nude that has a slight hint of grey in it and a small bit of silver shimmer in it that gives it a subtle sheen.  I applied two coats to my nails in the photo above, depending on how well I do when applying the polish two coats is enough, but sometimes things still look a little uneven and it can benefit from a third coat.  This color can be worn year round, but I particularly like it for an end of summer, beginning of fall shade.  I picked it up last year right around this time and haven't used it in a while.  As soon as I put it on it was love all over again!  The shade is so flattering and is said to work with all skin tones, and it gives such a beautiful subtle polished look to your hands.  


Lady Muck is a color that I picked up this year for another end of summer beginning of fall shade.  It is a medium dove grey cream with pearl shimmer.  This one was the easiest to apply and is applied to my nails using two coats.  I find this color to be really flattering on my skin tone.  As far as colored nail polishes go this one is nice and subtle.  This one is a favorite of the bunch and it will work well as a winter time shade after the holidays in January and February.  


British Racing Green is a dark forest green cream polish that has a small amount of green shimmer in it, however it does not look shimmery on the nails.  It is applied here with two coats.  As we get further into fall I like to wear darker polishes, and I this love this color green.  I love it for clothing pieces in the fall and why not have it on your nails to.  I love wearing bold seasonal colors on my nails because it is easy to change up and a relatively inexpensive way to add color to your look.    


Big Smoke is a dark denim color with blue and silver shimmer in it which gives it a metallic finish and is applied here using two coats.  It has some grey in the color giving it a more denim like color than being a true navy.  It is not an opaque cream like British Racing Green so you have to be more careful to get a smooth application.  It is a nice alternative to a classic navy cream polish for fall.  


Lastly we have Branwen's Feather.  I love a dark purple polish for fall and I am always on the look out for them.  This one is a really unique option.  The color is inspired by a raven's feathers which are black but have a purple sheen when the sun hits them.  Applied on then nails here with two coats I would describe it as a blackened plum color.  The base of the nail polish is black and it gets its purple color from the wine purple shimmer in it.  It has a silky sheen finish to the polish and depending on how the light hits it, the color transforms.  Sometimes it looks like a glossy black and other times it shows more purple.  This color is truly unique making it a good one to add to your collection.  

As a last note, If you have enjoyed reading this blog you can follow it on bloglovin', as well as all of your other favorite blogs.  Its a nice way to check all of your blogs from one website and find new ones to follow to.  I hope you enjoyed this post and I would love to hear what colors you will be rocking on your nails this fall!

Till Next Time,
Stephanie



4 comments:

  1. Great picks! I have a couple of Butter London nail lacquers but they're all either very bright or glittery. I should pick up some of these more subdued colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I always love the glittery shades they have, but I just haven't picked any up yet. Which ones do you have?

      Delete
  2. I have Yummy Mummy and you're right, it's the perfect all occasion nude. This has inspired me to dig it out of my stash! And now Racing Green is on my shopping list...

    -Rachel || A Nesting Nomad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats great! You will love British Racing Green, and I am currently wearing Yummy Mummy as I type haha

      Delete