Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Oskia Renaisance Cleansing Gel


Earlier this summer I was running low on face wash.  I wanted to try something new and change it up for fall and winter.  I had been hearing so many people rave about cleansing balms and was curious to give them a try.  I started doing some research on which cleansing balm to try out.  It seems as though they are more common in England than in the U.S.  I don't know if I have a case of the grass being greener on the other side, but it seems like the U.K. has so many amazing skincare products!  After reading several other bloggers recommend the Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel, including Caroline Hirons, Amelia Liana, and Vivianna I investigated how to get it stateside.  I found it on Beauty Bay on sale for $40 (originally $48) and with free shipping to the U.S.  I took these things as a sign and promptly ordered it.  The free international shipping said it would take 7-10 after it shipped, which I thought to be reasonable.  Sadly it took 3 weeks to arrive, and the last of my former cleanser was long gone before then.  There I was refusing to but another cleanser because I had just purchased a fairly expensive one and it was on its way, I was forced to turn to using my boyfriend's face wash.  The breakout that followed was not pretty and I was quite anxious for this face wash to come so I could get my skin back on track.  I am happy to report it was all worth the wait!

This Cleanser is not a traditional cleansing balm in the since that it is not a solid balm texture, however it is the same idea in that it melts into and oil on the skin.  This one comes out of the  convenient pump as pink gel that smells of rose and camomile and easily melts into an oil once you rub it on your face and then can be emulsified into a milk with water.  The times I have rinsed it off I find there is a bit of residue I can feel being left of my skin, so I prefer to use a wet washcloth to wipe it off my skin.
Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel has a great lineup of ingredients to, no mineral oil will be found here.  It has pumpkin enzyme to deep clean and remove dead skin cells, which is delightfully seasonal.  MSM detoxifies and calms skin, which is great for my sensitive skin.  Vitamin A and Starflower Oil soften the skin and have anti-aging effects.  Lastly Vitamin C and E help protect your skin from environmental damage and free radicals.  My skin is combination and sensitive, and often it feels really tight post cleansing, but not with cleanser.  After using this cleanser my skin feels clean, soft, and nourished.  I love the clean lines of the design of the bottle which makes me feel like I am at a spa.  The simple black and white colors of the packaging also really showcases the beautiful pink product inside.
After using this cleanser for the past couple weeks, morning and night, I only have love for it.  My skin has cleared up significantly since starting with this cleanser; I only have a few resilient under the skin bumps left.  I am hoping once I start using Pixi Glow Tonic which I should be receiving soon they will clear up.  I will report back on that in a few weeks!  This cleanser smells amazing, helps clear up my skin, and treats my skin amazingly, leaving it soft, bright, nourished and clean, what's not to love!  What are some of your favorite face washes, and have you ever had trouble getting a product internationally?

Till Next Time,
Stephanie


No comments:

Post a Comment