Wednesday, October 1, 2014

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Face Moisturizer


This week I have another new addition to my skincare routine, the First Aid Beauty (FAB) Ultra Repair Face Moisturizer.  FAB is an awesome brand of skin care products especially if you have sensitive skin!  Their products are all fragrance free and made without nasty chemicals and allergens, making them a pretty safe choice for anyone who finds themselves reacting to many skincare products.  I previously tried their Face Cleanser and Ultra Repair Cream, both of which did a great job at what they were supposed to do, but most notably left my sensitive skin comfortable with less redness.  At the end of summer I went to repurchase the Ultra Repair Cream to use as my moisturizer for fall and winter when I saw they had made an Ultra Repair Moisturizer specifically for your face, so I picked it up for $24 for 50 mL at Sephora.  


With the original Ultra Repair Cream the formula of the product was a really thick cream (think body butter thick), which the sephora consultant had to assure me was ok to put on my face.  It sank into my skin quickly and was totally non-greasy, but still too heavy for me to ever want to use it in the morning or the warmer months.  The new Ultra Repair Face Moisturizer is a really nice lightweight cream consistency that I am comfortable using day and night and even year round. Just like the old formula it sinks into the skin quickly and is completely non-greasy. I would say it is suitable for all skin types, especially those with sensitive skin, the one exception would be those with dry skin might want something heavier for nighttime during fall and winter.  Another update I like is that the packaging is a pump bottle.  The Ultra Repair Cream comes in a tub, but with the new lighter formula it is able to come in a pump now, which I always prefer for skincare because it keeps the product nice and hygienic.  


This moisturizer, as with all FAB products is fragrance free and it is formulated without parabens, sulfates, synthetic dyes, petrochemicals, phthalates, GMO's, and triclosan.  The active ingredients in the formula are colloidal oatmeal which means there are little oatmeal particles dispersed throughout the moisturizer which helps with itching and soothes irritated skin.  This magical oatmeal is why I really love this moisturizer, it really does noticeably calm down my skin.  The formula also contains shea butter to hydrate and maintain your skin's barrier function, it has meadowfoam seed oil to also soften and moisturize your skin, and lastly it has licorice root, feverfew, and white tea extract to add some good old antioxidant action to the formula which we all know helps prevent the signs of aging.  

Overall I am really happy with the FAB Ultra Repair Face Moisturizer.  It is a new product that made some improvements on the Ultra Repair Cream to make it more face friendly.  It is certainly not a luxury product, but it is a really effective no frills product sold at a reasonable price, that I see myself repurchasing again and again.  If you have sensitive skin that doesn't get along with many products you should really check out the Ultra Repair Face Moisturizer, as well as the entire FAB range.  What no frills products are staples for you in your skincare lineup?  I hope you are all enjoying my posts and wanted to share with you that you can also find me on instagram and twitter @eatbeautylove, Bloglovin', and Pinterest!

Till Next Time,
Stephanie
  





No comments:

Post a Comment