Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Lorac Pro Palette




I made an order from Ulta a couple weeks ago and the item I was most excited about in the order was the much coveted Lorac Pro Palette!  I opted for the original instead of the 2 because I thought I would get a lot more used out of the neutral color selection and thought the warmer shades would be more flattering on me.  Today I am here to tell you that this product deserves every bit of the hype it receives.  





The palette has 16 different eyeshadows, 8 matte shades in the top row, and 8 shimmer shades in the bottom row.  They roughly go from light to dark, and pictured above is the first half of the palette, and below is the second half.  Please excuse the messiness of the palette, I did not have a good opportunity to photograph the palette when it came, and I just couldn't wait to start using it!  The palette is packaged in black cardboard with silver lettering, and it is just about impossible to keep it clean.    

I also have to say that I was surprised by how small the palette was.  The shadows are small and the palette is very thin.  When you compare it to the the Urban decay Naked palettes you do get less product.  The Lorac Pro is $42 and you get 16 shadows at 0.02 oz. each.  The total amount of product you get is 0.32 oz.  Compared to the Naked palettes at $54.00 where you get 12 shadows at 0.05 oz., with a total of 0.6 oz. of product, almost twice the amount of product.  All of that being said these shadows are hands down the best I have ever used, and I almost never hit pan on eyeshadows, and If I do it takes me years, which I feel like is a perfectly reasonable amount of time for an eyeshadow to last you.  As I do not use up shadows fast I am happy to trade a smaller shadow size for more colors in the palette.  The formula of the shadows is infused with botanicals, I don't know if that is what gives them their amazing texture.  Whatever it is, these are the creamiest, most pigmented, and blend-able shadows I have ever used, more so than Urban Decay shadows that are often touted as some of the best.  


Here is the top row of matte shades swatched in order.  I feel like the palette doesn't really need both white and cream, they are different, but more or less give the same effect.  Taupe is a great transition shade for the crease or for just a natural eye look, and I love Mauve for all  over the lid.  The last three shades are great for darkening up the crease or outer V, and Espresso and Black are great as liner for a softer liner look.


These are the bottom row of shimmer shades swatched in order.  Overall I was most impressed with these shades.  I am really pleased that not a single shade is overly glitter, they give a nice shimmery or metallic effect on the lid.  I do have the same critique of the first two shades of the shimmers as I did of the mattes, they are far too similar.  Gold however is incredibly pigmented, the swatch above was applied with just one swipe of my finger through the shadow!  Gold and Light bronze are great for the lid, Light bronze is a really great everyday color that I have been getting a lot of use out of.  Pewter is a really great brown-grey color, it as well as garnet can be washed over the lid or used to contour the crease.  The last two shades Plum, a blackened purple and Slate, a blue-grey can darken up a crease, get popped in the outer V, or be used as liner.  They are both really nice alternatives to the traditional black and brown liner colors, they are neutral enough to be really wearable, but give your looks something a bit different.   

All in all the Lorac Pro Palette is amazing!  Although it is quite a bit smaller than the Naked palettes, the eyeshadow quality cannot be beat.  Aside from the first two shadows of each row being too similar to each other the palette still provides a great variety of neutral shades, and colored neutrals.  I have been reaching for Taupe, Sable, Gold, Light Bronze, Garnet, and Plum to create looks for autumn.  I highly recommend this palette, and the Lorac Pro 2 is officially on my wish list now!  Have you tried the Lorac Pro Palettes?  What are your favorite palettes?

Till Next Time,
Stephanie




2 comments:

  1. I've seen this palette around a couple of times! I really like the colours, maybe I should go out and get my own :)
    www.lisadebonnet.com
    X Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should, the formula is great and you can create all sorts of looks with it!

      Delete