Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette


I am excited to share with you this week the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette.  A year or so ago Hourglass released their Ambient Lighting Powders, that are very subtle luminous powders that give a soft focus finish.  They also created blushes that were marbled with color and an Ambient Lighting Powder mixed in to give the blush a subtle luminosity.  Early this fall they released a palette of their blushes, and I could not wait to pick it up!  I was planning on picking up a single of the blushes and I was having a hard time deciding which one I wanted (I wanted them all), so when the palette came out it was the perfect way to try out the blush line.  The palette is also a good value.  The blush singles are $35 each and you get .15 oz. of product, in the palette each blush is slightly smaller than in the singles at .11 oz. but you get a total of .33 oz. for $58.

I demonstrated restraint in this purchase and waited for the Sephora VIB sale to buy it.  It was the item I was most excited about, and when it arrived in the mail one of the blush cakes was not glued down and was sliding all over the place and falling out.  It was so sad, but l easily exchanged it at Sephora for a different one that was intact.  Before we get into the blushes, lets discuss the packaging.  It is AMAZING!  The palette comes in a sleek gold box that has brown writing on it.  The palette itself is a similar gold plastic with rounded edges and a slight roundedness to the sides.  the palette has a mirror finish to it, which made it particularly difficult to photograph with out getting the reflection of the ceiling light in it, but makes the palette feel glamourous.  It has "HOURGLASS" printed on the palette in the same brown print as on the box that is placed to the right of the palette along with the overhang of the top of the palette that you pull up to open it.  It is really simple but the beautiful mirror finish and asymmetry to the palette make the palette so visually pleasing.  
When you open up the palette you find the three blushes.  Consistant with the curved theme of the packaging the blushes are raised up and look like plush little square pillows.  Each blush is handmade so each one varies slightly from palette to palette.  I love the marbled look of the blushes each one is so pretty and interesting to look at.  The three blushes that come in the palette are Luminous Flush, Incandescent Electra (exclusive to the palette), and Mood Exposure.  Luminous Flush is described as a champagne rose and gives a nice classic pink flush to the cheeks.  Incandescent Electra is described as cool peach, but I actually find it really warms up my complexion when I wear it.  It is one that I am going to reach for a lot when spring and summer roll around.  I also find Incandescent Electra to be the most natural looking shade for me, and grab it when I am going for a more natural or casual look.  Lastly there is Mood Exposure which is described as a soft plum.  I love this color for fall and winter because it gives you those rosy looking cheeks that look like you've just come in from the cold.  Each blush gives you a really subtle glow to your cheeks.  It is not obvious at all but when you look in the mirror and turn your head a slightly you can see a little bit of reflection from the blushes.  


Here are the blushes swatched on my arm.  Unfortunately I was unable to capture their luminous quality, but trust me, it is there.  All of the blushes have good pigmentation, and just need a swirl of the brush in the pan.  I also like and wear each and every one of the colors in the palette which I am happy about.  The only critique I have of these blushes is that they are not the longest lasting.  I mostly compare the lasting power of blushes to Tarte's Amazonian Clay Blushes which are super long lasting, and these do not last quite as long.  They still last a decent length of time.  They are still there at lunch time but by the time I get home from work they are pretty much gone.  I am really happy with this palette and they are the only blushes I have worn since getting the palette.  They are such a great option for someone who wants that little bit of glow and life to their complexion but still wants to look really natural, you will find no disco glitter here.  Have you tried anything from Hourglass?  What product do you use to give your skin a glow?

Till Next Time,
Stephanie  



No comments:

Post a Comment