Saturday, December 6, 2014

Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler



I am back from my holiday hiatus with this weeks post featuring a beauty tool, the Kevyn Aucoin Eyelash Curler.  I had not used an eyelash curler since my middle school and early high school days, but after hearing many other beauty bloggers and youtubers count it as a step the never skip, I figured I should give it another try.  After hearing Amelia Liana rave about this one I decided to pick it up.  It is also the first thing that I have purchased from the Kevyn Aucoin Brand.  It is a high end luxury brand that was started in 2001 by famed NYC makeup artist Kevyn Aucoin.  The aesthetic of the brand is timeless, classic beauty for the modern woman.  You won't find the latest fad product here but they have seasonal offerings and if you are looking for high quality staples to add to your makeup collection this is a great go to brand.



The eyelash curler came in a beautiful gold box that has the embossed Kevyn Aucoin logo on it and brown writing.  The eyelash curler itself is made of stainless steel and has KEVYN AUCOIN engraved on the top arch of the curler, however my favorite detail is the red pad.  The pop of red reminds me of the red soles of the classic black Christian Louboutin heels.   Aside from being beautiful the red pads have the practical purpose of contrasting with the color of your lashes so you can easily see the placement of the curler and get it nice and close to the base of your lashes.  The curler comes with a replacement pad which is nice.  The rubber pads do dry out over time and will crack with use, and when that happens you can just pull it out and pop in the replacement pad.  A potential problem I foresee is that you cannot buy just replacement pads once you go through the ones that come with the curler.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that once that happens they will begin offering them separately.  

The head of the eyelash curler is nice and wide so it fits in all of my lashes, and opens really wide which makes it easy to gather them all up.  The shape of this curler works well with my eye shape and I really like it.  It is well reviewed by many people and the large size of the head should work well and accommodate most eye shapes.  Finding the best eyelash curler for your eye shape is unfortunately a process of trial and error, because it is hard to determine from review since our eye shapes are so unique. 


The way I like to use this curler is to give about three pumps of the curler at the base of my lashes while I rotate the handle of the curler upwards to give my lashes a little extra bend.  They give a really nice curve to the lashes that still looks natural, and then I lock in the curl with some mascara.  The drugstore curlers I used several years back would give me a sharp crease to my lashes, however this is not the case with these curlers.  As you can see in the photo above the left curled side looks less droopy and larger.  When I was taking these pictures I kept retaking the photos because I thought that I was not taking it straight on and it was making my right side look smaller and droopy because of the angle, but I ended up realizing it was the work of the curler that made my other eye look bigger in contrast with the uncurled side.  The biggest thing that has sold me on curling my lashes in general is the fact that I have noticed a significant decrease in people telling me at work that I look really tired that day since I started using this eyelash curler.  

Anything that makes me look noticeably more well rested is worth a little extra effort to me.  I have happily incorporated curling my lashes into my makeup routine, and I have loved doing it with the beautiful Kevyn Aucoin eyelash curler.  How do you like to use your eyelash curler, and how do you like to pack it when you travel?  I am afraid of it getting bent in my overstuffed makeup bag when I travel.

Till Next Time,
Stephanie  


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this valuable information, I have bookmarked your site for future and further references.
    I have some relevant information you can review below
    Rejuvalash reviews
    Rejuvalash Eyelash growth serum

    ReplyDelete