Thursday, November 20, 2014

Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S. Thirst Quenching Serum


This week we have another skincare staple for me, the Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S. Thirst Quenching Serum.  This was the first product I picked up when I wanted to start expanding my skincare routine this summer, I got it for $49 for 1 oz.  I had heard Essie Button rave about this serum so I figured it would be a good one to start out with.  I had never tried a serum before, I guess I always figured that they were only to help prevent the aging process which I wasn't overly concerned about.  Really, serum is a step in your skincare routine aimed at fixing a skin concern you have.  There are ones for aging, but also brightening serums, serums for acne, and this serum is aimed at hydrating the skin.



I use this serum in my nighttime skincare routine after I've used the Pixi Glow Tonic, and then I follow it up with the Kiehls Midnight Recovery Concentrate and the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Face Moisturizer.   My nighttime routine is focused on hydration so this product fits right in.  It is an oil free serum with the main active ingredient being Caudalie's famous organic grape water.  The grape water is packed with antioxidants that protect the skin from UV rays and free radicals and therefore prevent signs of aging and wrinkles.  The grape water is also supposed to infuse water into the skin for an extended period of time, effectively hydrating the skin.  The formula is all made without sulfates, parabens, and phthalates, which are some nasty bits that I am always happy to see left off the ingredient list.   


The serum itself is white in color and a thin fluid similar in consistency of hot sauce (It was all I could think of).  I really enjoy the fresh smell of the serum, its a really light green scent that smells really natural in a good way.  I take one pump of it and rub it between my hands and then smooth it onto my face and neck.  It is really light weight and sinks into the skin very quickly.  When you apply this serum, your skin will instantly have a comfortable hydrated feeling that is really satisfying.  The Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S. Thirst Quenching Serum comes in a clear glass bottle with a heavy bottom.  It has a pump on top with a clear plastic cap that goes over top and burgundy print on the bottle.  Overall the packaging looks nice and clean and and high quality.  


I really love this serum.  When I started using it over the summer I noticed my skin got softer and happier.  It gave me a much more even complexion with less redness.  I feel like my skin is a lot more hydrated since using this and super soft.  This serum lasted me for about four months and when I ran out, I loved it so much I went out and got another bottle.  It is great for all skin types.  It is light enough that it can be used day or night, except for those with an especially oily skin type.  It sinks right in and does not leave my skin greasy.  I really love this serum, and so far nothing has caught my eye that makes me want to try something new, which is really saying something.  Do you use a serum in your skincare routine?  What is your favorite serum?

Till Next Time,
Stephanie  




No comments:

Post a Comment