Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm


A while back Beauty Balm (BB) creams came into the beauty scene and I wanted to give them a try.  After some research I decided to pick up a set of four mini Dr. Jart+ BB creams, that included the Water Fuse Beauty Balm, Premium Beauty Balm, Black Label Detox Beauty Balm, and Renewalist Beauty Balm.  After testing them all out I determined that the Premium BB is my favorite, and this summer when I ran out of my small tube from the set I picked up the full size for $39.00 for 1.5 oz.  Please excuse the blurry pictures, the gold tube has a hard clear plastic jacket over it with print on it that casts a shadow onto the gold tube underneath that makes it really difficult to get crisp photos of the print.  When looking at the tube with your bare eyes the lettering looks a bit out of focus, so the pictures are a pretty good representation of what the packaging looks like.



BB creams are supposed to be a skin care, makeup hybrid.  This one claims to be a 5 in 1 product, that is a moisturizer, serum, sunscreen, primer, and skin tone and imperfection corrector.  This BB cream does have SPF 45 which I love because then I don't have to think about applying a separate sunscreen.  The formula has a bio-peptide complex to support natural collagen and Adenosine to firm skin and improve elasticity.  I cannot attest to these anti-aging claims because I am fairly young and don't have many wrinkles.  I won't really know if these things work for years to come.  However I am confident that just the daily application of this product with the sunscreen will provide good wrinkle prevention.  The Dr. Jart+ Premium BB comes in a tube with a black pump on the bottom.  I have had quite a bit of trouble with the pump not dispensing product.  I have had to screw off the top and tap it out onto the back of my hand.  I love an effective pump, but I think this product would be better off in a squeeze tube.  

The Dr. Jart+ Premium BB is a medium thick cream that gives medium coverage.  It is in between a liquid and cream foundation in consistency.  It does not have a whipped texture to it like some creams do, it is just really smooth and cushy feeling.  One thing that made me nervous about this product is that it only comes in one "universal" color.  Right out of the tube it is a light skin color with slight pink and grey undertones, but once it oxidizes on the skin it changes to a great skin match that looks really natural.  It has enough variability that it is a match for me year round.  That being said I am fair and my skin tone is not far off of the color that comes out of the tube, so I am not sure how well the shade would work for darker complexions, so definitely pick up a sample before you buy.



Although it says it is a moisturizer and primer I always still use a separate moisturizer, and I often use a primer underneath when I want to extend the wear of the BB cream or to prevent shine.  It does feel hydrating on the skin but not enough to replace moisturizer.  Once I apply moisturizer and primer I apply this with the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, or Stippling Brush.  The formula does not have any shimmer in it, but it gives a really nice natural, slightly dewy finish that I love.  I finish by applying powder to my T-zone to keep shine away and set my base in these areas that will fade the quickest.  It has good wear time, about six hours.  Out of the four that I tried in the sample pack it kept me shine free for the longest, which is one of the reasons I preferred it to the others.  

It might not live up to all of it's five claims but it is certainly a product that has several great qualities to it.  I probably reach for this for my base the most, because it is light and natural while evening out my complexion, it protects  my skin from the sun, and it is so comfortable and hydrating to have on my skin.  I wear it to work almost everyday except for when my skin is acting up.  If you are looking for something that is a step up in coverage from a tinted moisturizer but don't want to do full on foundation, then the Dr. Jart+ Premium BB is a great option to look to for all skin types and ages.  Have you tried BB creams before, and which ones do you find yourself reaching for?

Till Next Time,
Stephanie
   

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I love your blog and I have followed you with Bloglovin. If you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted thanks.

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Camille, I am really glad you like it and I will definitely check your blog out!

      Delete